We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

5.24.2009

Another Life-Changing Moment...

On May 9th, I finally got to walk for graduation!  I was so excited, but unfortunately the race isn't over.  I still have to finish up my practicum this summer.  I felt almost fake walking across the stage and getting my book thing that holds the diploma, knowing I wouldn't be getting the real thing until August.  But either way, just knowing I only have two more months to go is very exciting and relieving!  
I am continually reminded of how blessed I am to have such wonderful family!  Four sets of grandparents came to my graduation!  Three of sets of my grandparents and one set of Micah's grandparents!  Plus all my siblings, and one of Micah's sisters!  And both of our parents came!  I am so spoiled!! :)
Grandma Sibert, Dad, Micah, me, Granddad Brower, Granddad's girlfriend Pat, and Mom!
 
Grandpa Gross, me, and Grandma Gross!
My new wonderful husband and I! 

Like mother, like daughter...honestly!

Me walking...
I was the fifth to last of the WHOLE health sciences commencement!  How exciting!

I am finishing my placement at Peak Wellness Center.  I will be doing day treatment with kids anywhere between 3 and 15.  I'm really excited to start!!  We get to go on field trips every Friday!  What a life! :)  Some of these children will have difficult emotional struggles that I will have no experience dealing with, so it will be intense and high burn out.  My supervisor advised me to prepare myself to hear about things I cannot even imagine.  Please pray for me! 

Aside from graduation, some ladies from my church back home came to Laramie for the Beth Moore conference.  It was so amazing!  We were challenged by Psalm 66 and our willingness to be trained to fight the true opponent of our faith.  It was a very encouraging weekend and I'm praying I can rise to the challenge!  It was also good to see the older women from my old church!  After most of the women left, my mother, sister, two grandmas, Aunt, and cousin, all stayed to help Micah and I move into our new apartment!  I'm pretty sure the move was record time!  It took us four hours to move EVERYTHING!  We were so thankful for the help!  We love the new apartment, but there are still boxes full of stuff!  Who knew two people could collect so much?! 

1 comment:

kelseybluemel said...

Congratulations Holly! I can't believe that we are already graduating from college! It seems like just yesterday that we were graduating from high school.