$70 (each!) for Registration
$150 for Gas
$100 for a room at Moab Valley Inn
$80 for Food
Running 13.1 miles in beautiful Moab country: Priceless!!
Micah and I went with our good friend Alisa on a road trip to Moab, Utah to run a half-marathon!! Yes...we are that crazy! Our dear friend is very good at persuading us into things we do not want to do...like running 13.1 miles!
The gorgeous mountains!
Huge rock formations in the sunset!
We had the opportunity to watch a few jeeps climb this rock!
And Micah and I have now decided we want a jeep!!
Micah, me, and Alisa at "Pasta Jay's"...filling up on Carbs!
Me and Alisa
Micah trying to be mad at me!!
Alisa and I at the Moab Valley Inn!
If you look really close....
you can see the twisting canyon and river that we ran along for our half marathon!
The "Fisher Towers"
Micah, Alisa and I right before the race! Note the cool, orange jacket I am wearing. We got those jackets for free when we registered! We thought they were going to be thicker, but they are super-thin...not a jacket to be worn in Wyoming, unfortunately!
We were given advice by veteran runners of the "Other Half " to get in line for the outhouses (even if you don't have to go!) right when you get dropped off at the starting line because by the time you get to the front of the line, you'll have to go to the bathroom!! Note all the people standing in between us and the outhouses!!
Even without having the time to train specifically for the half-marathon, we still finished! Alisa made it 6.5 miles before walking, I made it 8 miles before walking, and Micah made it 10 miles before walking. Micah finished first (out of the three of us, that is!) at 2 hours and 33 minutes. I finished second at 2 hours and 39 minutes (I was 1140th out of 1600!!). And Alisa finished third at 2 hours and 52 minutes.
I loved it so much that I want to go finish the "Other Half" in March, the weekend after our wedding! Micah does not like the idea of running a half-marathon on our honeymoon!!

3 comments:
Oh come on Micah, doesn't a marathon sound romantic? Good job on finishing so fast Holly! Did you even have time to train? It looks like it was a beautiful race. I wish I had that endurance. Call me ANY time you want to come over, we just have to make sure we can find all our letters first.
WOW! I guess I didn't realize you ran 13.5 miles. Insane!!! I will never run a race like that. I will stick to volleyball and long walks. Love ya!!!
Holly! I am so excited that I found your blog! It has been WAY too long! I love the pictures and congrats on your race...that is awesome. Also congrats on the wedding!!
Post a Comment