We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

1.18.2009

Christmas Vacation!

ChRiStMaS TiMe!!!
Christmas at our house is always a CrAzY, HaPpY, and FuN time.  After being at college for a semester, it is always so much fun to get home and visit the family and friends!!  This Christmas was extra special because after spending Thanksgiving with the Shuster family, Micah came to Fort Bridger/Mountain View to spend Christmas for the first time with my family!!  We also spent most of the break making wedding plans!  March is coming up quick!  We have less than two months until our wedding!  This is both exciting and scary (we have so much to get done!)!

I always load my pictures backward, so we'll start with the wedding planning!  We did a variety of things, but the most eventful thing was that my whole family took part in with the wedding plans was making the invitations.  This was fun, but the guys complained the entire time because they were "missing a football game"!  The next day Jolene and I had my two little girl cousins, Britany and Maegon, come help us, and they did not complain ONCE!  I found that quite interesting!!  So below are the pictures of the guys helping (and complaining!) 

Jolene!

Dad (the worst complainer of all!)

Karl...trying to appear excited!
  
Me, excited of course, and Micah...pouting!

The whole gang...minus my mother (the photographer!)

These next photos are of our horses.  We are working with two new horses and trying to decide which one we want to keep!  I think we should have both of them!  They are beautiful!  

This is the mousie-colored one...the breed is something like "Gruellia" or something...I don't know how to spell it!  
This one is the dunn...she looks almost like a buckskin, but too dark!

This is my dad feeding the horses we already own!

The horse on the left is Diesel and the horse on the right is Kerosene.  

One of the exciting things we did over Christmas was build gingerbread houses.  We did this at Katy's new house.  It was a lot of fun!

This is my sister-in-law Ashlee with my cute niece, Ali.  

This is my cousin's wife, Tiffany and their son Cole. 

This is my cousin Katy and her daughter Isabel.  

My grandma is holding Ali in the middle of this picture.  

Another fun thing we did over break was went Christmas tree hunting.  Now my Dad is probably the most intense and serious Christmas tree hunter I have ever known.   He has to have a perfect tree!!  It was me, my mom, my dad, and my two little cousins, Britany and Maegon, who all went.  We quoted National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, played in the snow, went sledding, scouted coyotes, and found the perfect tree!!

Maegon (in front), Britany (in the middle), and Mom (in back!) sledding down a hill!

The Perfect Christmas tree as the final product!!

I hope everybody else had a wonderful Christmas, too!! 


4 comments:

Schnackenberg's said...

It's about time! Good work!! I think you have a horse addiction!!

Schnackenberg's said...

It is up to you. I don't mind!!
Love ya,
Jolene
P.S. Less then two months to go!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly! :) So, I finally have a profile so we can keep in touch better! It was great seeing you for the two seconds that I got to see you when you were in town! I wish I could have hung out with you more! Well, I just wanted to say hi! I hope the wedding plans are coming along great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you! Gerald is doing good. He stays busy with the band and work and now snowboarding! Yeah, I am still at Union. We just hired an Engineer named Caleb Speiser. I am in the same department as him, but I haven't really gotten to know him or talked to him that much. I bet that is who you are talking about because he is a younger guy. It's such a small world! lol

So, I talked to Jess to kind of get a feel for what to do for her bridal shower and I have a couple ideas. She kind of hinted about wanting to do her shower like my sisters and mom did mine. Since Gerald and I lived together before getting married, we did kind of a "spice up our relationship" shower where the presents were things that Gerald and I could do together - like a date night or something. We got a ton of way cool things and Jess mentioned that she thought that was an awesome idea and since they already have all the household things, I thought that might be fun to do. I am open for ideas and Dani said she would help too. I also thought about calling Jennifer to get her help. I have been trying to come up with some kind of "theme" for the decorations and that, but I need all of your opinions! Anyway, maybe we can get a hold of each other and discuss the theme and once that is thought of, we can all start delegating stuff and finding stuff to buy for it. Let me know what you think about that. I have thought of a couple of different themes that might be fun so we need to get together and get a plan going! :)

It was good to hear from you and it will be fun planning Jess's wedding stuff with you! :)