We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

9.03.2009

Summer Has Come and Gone...

Wow!  It is September!  What a crazy, fast summer it has been!  Basically, we worked this summer.  We had a little bit of play time in between, but as a majority, we worked.  I did finish my degree this summer!  Hurray!  And now I'm driving buses, how is that for a Bachelor of Social Work!  :)   

Besides work, Micah and I have been trying to enjoy the summer in our free time!!  We have been camping once, went to a family reunion, went fishing, and just hanging out together. 

In my last post I talked about the beloved Mustang.   Well, we brought the car to Laramie about three months ago!! (I'm so behind!)  Micah has already worked on it quite a bit.  He pulled the tranny a few weeks ago, and cleaned the inside out a little.  Once we get more money, we'll really start tearing into it.  Here are a few pictures of us getting the car ready to bring home.  



Yes....those are cat prints on a completely dusty window!! :) 

Micah admiring his new car! 

Karl and Micah pushing the car on the trailor...My dad is steering.

Driving the Mustang home!

At some point this summer we went to the Demolition Derby with a few friends of ours!   We had such a blast with them!  Micah, Ben, and Adam decided they want to enter a car next year!  We'll see how that goes!

Micah did not want this "cool" car to be destroyed in the derby!! :)

Finally, at the end of this summer, we made it to the Gorge!  It was so fun!  We did some kneeboarding and cliff-jumping!  My little cousin (above!) was braver than I was and jumped off larger cliffs!!  I'm kind of a wimp!!

I love this picture of my little cousin Britney kneeboarding with Micah!!  The size difference is so cute!
Micah floating around with his kneeboard.

The first day we went to the Gorge, it was rainy and cold, so we drove around the geological loop and looked at the beautiful scenery!  The boys wanted to climb up to a cave, so these are some picture of our boys being boys!  
Our brother-in-law Karl, Micah, and our little cousin Morgan.  

Crossing a creek.  

Another exciting thing that happened this summer is Micah bought a new street bike.  He was so excited and has enjoyed riding it.

Wow...this is only a small glimpse of our whole summer!  It's been crazy, but we've really enjoyed being married and spending time together!

2 comments:

kelseybluemel said...

Hey Holly! I wish I could have seen you this summer. How are you guys?

Schnackenberg's said...

So nice to know that car is in good hands!!!!