Okay, so I accidently loaded the pictures backwards! I'm sorry!
Micah and I had a wonderful Christmas despite everything that has been happening. We first went to Wichita, Kansas for Christmas to spend time with Micah's sister Megan and her family. We had a wonderful time! We watched a lot of football, played a lot of games, and ate a ton of yummy food! Megan and her husband TJ have an adorable girl named Teegan! She is so much fun! She is difficult to get a photograph of, though, and there is evidence of that at the end of the photos!
After Christmas we drove back to Laramie for a night, and then we headed to Mountian View for New Years. We had a great time there too! We got to hang out with my new little nephew, James, and we were able to spend some quality time with my side of the family. On New Years Eve we had our annual party of cousins, grandparents, and friends over to celebrate the New Year! It was very fun to get everyone together! I was able to see two cousins that I haven't seen for probably ten years! They have changed so much!
Below is a photograph of my wonderful dad and my cute little niece Ali.

This is my mom and my niece and nephew! Ali loves her little cousin and seemed to enjoy holding him.
While we were in Mountian View we were able to go with my dad to pick up the newly broke mare from our trainer! This is Micah with our new mare below.

Below are the three horses we have now. From left to right is Ethanol (Ethie), Diesel, and Kerosene. We decided to go with the "fuel" theme for naming our horses. It started with my horse, Diesel. I first got Diesel when I was a junior in high school. I was trying to decide what to name him when a friend of mine suggested Diesel. I thought it would be awesome, since it is not something you would normally name a horse! I was really excited about it! I went home and told my Dad and brother. They both laughed at the name! I remember being so mad at them because I thought it was such an awesome name! I didn't budge though, even if they didn't like it, I was set on naming my horse Diesel. The name stuck, and then we got a new mare a few years later. My brother-in-law, Karl, suggested Kerosene. My niece Ali was only two at the time, and she started calling the mare Kerosene before any of us did, so the name obviously stuck! After that, it was destined that all our horses be named after types of fuel. We had a difficult time picking between Jet and Ethanol for this new mare, but we decided we would wait until we got a black horse to name it Jet. So now the new mare is Ethanol (Ethie)!
So cute!







1 comment:
Oh...I did not know you ended up calling him Ethie!! Karl will be so happy!!
Post a Comment