This Spring Break Micah and I were fortunate enough to fly to Phoenix, AZ to visit some friends of ours, Ben and Brittany Smith. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the warm weather (70-80 degree weather!). Amazing! Because I am a very white person...I definitely got fried while being down there! Of course, Micah looks perfectly tan! He is so not fair!
Because I can never remember how to load the pictures, these are loaded backwards...again!
The last day we were there, we ate breakfast with Brittany's dad at IHOP, which was the first time I have ever eaten at an IHOP! Crazy, I know! We went to visit Ben's mom at the hospital she works at as a Midwife. Then we drove clear out of town to see Ben's parents' house! The drive took an hour! Crazy how you can live in one town and still be an hour away! Anyways, Ben's parents' house was way nice!! They had the perfect setup for horses and a few steers. I was in heaven! I told Micah that was what I wanted...once we're rich! The barn was perfect for a few horses, plus it had a small arena and a round pen! Someday!! :)
This is a picture of Brittany and me! We hardly have any pictures of the two of us, because usually we are the photographers!! She was the photographer for my wedding, and did a wonderful job, but we didn't get any pictures together!

This is Ben with his mom's clydesdales. I've seen clydesdales before, but they always amaze me how huge and magnificent they are!!

Below is a picture of the pony, Timothy, standing between the two huge horses.

Here is Micah petting the horses....about an hour later he will be sneezing and coughing because of his allergies!! Poor guy!

Here is our "family photo", as Brittany called it!

The horse was trying to eat me!!

On the third day we were there, we went out to Lake Pleasant to go tubing! The water was chilly, but we went anyways! And this is were I got that nice sunburn!! Here is Micah tubing.

Ben tubing.

The boys were crazy about tubing!! They about killed each other, I'm pretty sure! Thankfully, they were nice to me!! Because Brittany is pregnant, she did not tube.



Micah and Ben navigating...scary!

I was a little excited about the cactuses! I had only seen them in the movies...so I had to get pictures!

Micah and Ben had to syphon the gasoline from the boat because it was old gas. It was quite entertaining to watch! Thankfully we did not have to call poison control!


On the second day, we got to go hiking. Below are pictures of us, with the only part of the city of Phoenix behind us!


Another picture of me with the cactuses!

More hiking photos!

Ben, Brittany, and Nash, there cute dog!

After hiking we went to watch Avatar in 3D! Apparently it is a big deal! Micah was excited to finally see it, I'm pretty sure we're the only people in the world who haven't seen it yet! Or at least it feels like it! After the movie Micah and Ben went to a Suns game, which Micah was way excited about. Brittany and I went shopping, because they only had two tickets.
The first day we arrived we mostly just hung out, got the general layout of Moon Valley where Ben and Brittany live, and took a very long nap! Micah and I flew out of Denver at 6:00 in the morning, meaning we had to leave Laramie around midnight to drive down to Denver because of the weather!! So we were pretty tired once we got to Arizona. On that first day we also ate at Brittany's family's restaurant, Manuel's. It was amazing!!
We had a wonderful time and were disappointed to fly back into Denver in a snow storm! But it was worth it!

1 comment:
Holly! Your hair is getting so long! Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment