Wow! I cannot believe it has been three months since my last post! Everything is changing so quickly and time is flying by so fast!!
I feel like so many decisions that Micah and I have been making in the last few months have been life-changing...and causing us to grow up into real adults. I like to think we were real adults to begin with...but after some of the changes we've been making, it is obvious that we had some growing to do, and still more to do in the future!! This growth has been within our marriage, within our roles at work, and also within our walk with God and relationships with others.
Of course, the first big decision was to begin our family. We're going to have a little boy in one month!! I cannot believe how fast those nine months go! And how slow...ironicly enough! But we're about to be parents! I am so excited to meet Troy Wyatt, but I know that it is God's timing. I am also terrified to meet him! I can barely raise our dog, how can I be responsible enough to raise a child in the way of the Lord! But praise the Lord that the little guy will start out as a newborn and give his parents time to grow into...well, parents! I am already praying that our little one will come to know Jesus Christ as his personal Savior at a young age. And I'm already praying that I will trust the Lord to protect Troy. For example, at my last appointment, the Dr. said that my uterus is measuring smaller than usual. Thankfully he was able to do an ultrasound right then to ensure that everything is going smoothly. Even with the spare five minutes it took to move from one room to the other I about panicked! But our baby is very healthy and in the 39th percentile for growth! Praise God! It is going to be so difficult to not worry about this little guy and all the things that could happen! I have to remind myself to "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
The next big decision Micah and I have made in the past few months is to buy a house. We're really excited about it, but I am terrified for the financial changes we will be experiencing (especially with the baby coming!). Of course, this all comes down to trusting the Lord to provide. So a main theme that I am learning throughout all of this is trusting in the Lord.
Our house is a modest little three bedroom/1 bath. It has a decent size yard for Chip to play in, and of course, a huge garage for Micah to work in!! :) Like I mentioned, we're thrilled to close on the new house and get settled, but it has been a long process of trying to get everything ready for approval on our FHA loan. The closing date is set for tomorrow at 9:00 a.m., so hopefully by this weekend we'll be all moved into our new home! (We have to be out of our apartment by Nov. 1st!)
Now that we're buying a house, we're often asked if we plan on staying in Laramie forever. This is difficult to answer because we honestly don't know. Micah and I felt it was wise financially to buy a house vs. making monthly payments for rent. We plan on being in Laramie until Micah finishes school and then going where the Lord sends us! Of course, I'm praying to go back to Fort Bridger, but we also love Laramie and the family that we have here. But who knows, maybe God will send us out to the mission field! :)
I am sorry there are no pictures with this post. Unfortunately my computer is broke, so I cannot upload pictures. I wish I could show how big our Chip is getting...and how big I am getting, but I can't!!

4 comments:
Yes you are all growing so much!!! I am very excited for you to move into your house. Hopefully I can help you paint some rooms when we come and visit. I am very excited to meet my new nephew!! Hope all goes well tomorrow.
It was great getting to see you last week at the Prayer Meeting. I am so glad to hear of your pregnancy and pray you have a blessed labor and delivery!!
Holly! It is about time you updated this!! If you need any help with moving or anything seriously give me a call, I'll e-mail you my #! I have 2 tough boys that I am sure would love to help! Plus me of course! HOpe these last couple weeks go by quick and everything goes smooth!
Hey Holly! Our address is 316 south 2450 east #47 St. George, Utah 84790. We are actually buying a house so we will be moving in 2-4 months but for now this is our current address. Congrats on your fist house! It's an exciting time!! I am so excited for you to become a mom as well. You will be a terrific mother! I hope we can see each other soon! :)
Post a Comment