We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

9.29.2008

Micah Racing!

Micah is an Enduro racer...something to do with a dirt bike and long races (ask him about it, he'll tell you everything you need to know!)!!  Last Saturday (September 27th) Micah had an Indoor Enduro race in Denver, Colorado.  Micah had a lot of fun, even though he didn't make it to the night show!  I admire his sportsmanship in this competition!   I know that I could not be as passive when it comes to racing!!  I'd be so upset if I didn't make it to the night show...
One more reason why I love him so much!  
This first picture is Micah and his class coming out of the starting gates!!  It is REALLY LOUD when they first start because they're all hitting at the same time!!  Next time I'll have to remember my earplugs!!

This is Micah and I at the night show!  Micah's two really good racing buddies (Brian and Matt) made it to the night show, so we had fun cheering for them and taking pictures of them!  

Brittany (Smith) and Ben (Smith) are amazing friends and fans of Micah and Brian (Fortman).  They are always willing to sacrifice time and money to come support their friends!!  Brittany drove me down to Denver since Micah had to go the night before!!  (I'm horrible at driving in the city, since I grew up in a super small town with no stop lights!)  When they boys had a long break, Brittany and I went shopping!  We had a lot of fun!  Ben drove down later and made it in time for the night show!  Thanks guys!  We love you and appreciate you!


This next one is of Micah going over a jump (you have to look really close, but he's the one in the air)!  I was really proud of my photography skills because I'm usually not very good!  This was definitely the best photo I took!!  Micah was excited and proud of me!

This is Micah getting ready to hit the rocks!!  Everybody got stuck on these big boulders a lot!  I think it is safe to say they were the most difficult part of the course!
 
This one is of Micah going through the chopped wood!  It was really slick...and most bikers would slide out here!!  We witnessed a lot of good wrecks here!!


So...this is a little peek into what Micah loves to do!  I'm excited about my new camera so I can capture Micah in the things he most enjoys!

4 comments:

Andy and Megan said...

Holly, I didn't know you guys had a blog!! Yeah! Just wanted to say hey and see you on Sunday!

Schnackenberg's said...

Nice pictures of your lovely weekend. SOOO..I am waiting for you so call me back! Also, I hope everything is going well!! Hope to talk to you soon!

kelseybluemel said...

Hey Holly, how are you?
Things are going great. Jade and I are enjoying school (haha) Nothing too exciting happening lately. How are you and Micah? Are you getting excited for the big day? Love ya!

Katy said...

Hey Holly, I just got a HUGE order of paper in and I am so excited. Beautiful reds and browns. I can't wait to show you. We will have to decide on a new date pretty soon. Hope things are going well, wish I saw you more!