We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

1.06.2017

Home Transformation: Demo Day (Part 2)

Chip Gaines' favorite day!  I really tried to think of a better title for this post...but really, there is no better title than Demo Day!  But our Demo Day happened to be more like a "demo week" or "demo month", as we kept changing our mind about what we were going to do!

Demo Day is the best way for us to allow the boys to get involved!  They absolutely love to help us, especially our 6 year old, Troy.  He has a work ethic that will put most millennials to shame!  I'm so proud of his desire to work hard at what ever he does!  Whether it is school, helping around the house, or helping us with this new home project he works until the job is done!


This may be a little over-load of pictures...but I'm a proud mom of three boys!  What can I say?  And look at those smiles as they work so hard to get that carpet out!





And check out that house with no carpet!  It definitely brightened up the living room!  And check out those beautiful big windows!  I love natural lighting, makes my heart happy!  And take a look at the picture below...check out that dirt!  Wow!  I'm always amazed tearing out old carpet!


And now for the kitchen!!  The beautiful, mint kitchen!  Micah took a day by himself to remove the cabinet.  They were old with lots of water damage.  Plus, this was way back when we thought we were going to tear the log part off....but then....


We found this!!!  Okay, okay, we knew the logs were under there...but look at how absolutely cool that looks!!  We really did not have the heart to tear it down.  That's when we began trying to find a solution so we could keep the cool log part as well as the history of it too!



We tore out all of the fiberboard in the room except for this one spot (see second photo below).  As you can see all the water pipes are on the outside of this fiberboard, and instead of taking it all apart we decided to leave it, especially since this will be a temporary home!




And this sweet boy (pictured below).  All day long he pulled staples for us!  He worked so hard and was proud of himself using all those fun tools of his dad's!  


And I can't fail to mention my mother-in-law Pam pulling staples!  Her and my father-in-law Bryan were such troopers!  They helped us out so much, not just with staples but everything else!  We're so thankful for these two!  My parents also helped a lot too!  Micah and I are spoiled on both sides with great parents who are very helpful in times like this!  


And the final room of the house to be remodeled is the bathroom!  I honestly don't think we took a before picture of the bathroom...but we should have!  It was horrid!  Of all the rooms in the house, this one grossed me out the most!  Probably because of the spiders in the bathtub...yeah, yeah...I know!  I cannot stand spiders!  I am certain I have some level of arachnophobia: an extreme or irrational fear of spiders!  Yes, I for sure do!  It's awful!  Troy and his cousin Leah took it upon themselves to count how many spiders were in the house the day we bought it!  14 SPIDERS!!!  I wanted to cry a little...or at least run out of the house...but do not fear, we (ahem, or I) made sure to bug bomb the house!  No more spiders friends!!  Now, where were we?  Oh yeah!  The bathroom...with spiders in the tub!  Ugh.  Seriously!  I made my mother-in-law pull down the sheet tile stuff (I really don't know it's title!) because I was terrified spiders would fall out!  And what do you know, they did!  Thanks Pam!  It is safe to say you are the best mother-in-law ever!  So here is the bathroom with everything tore out and ready for the remodel.  


 So here we are!  We're now ready to begin the remodeling process!  

No comments: