I have been praying about whether to take up blogging again. I did it for a couple years...then took a break...but it was longer than the 2 year break I was talking about! Try 4 years! Life is busy! Especially with 3 wild and crazy boys...you can read through my last post to have some understanding of what my life is like with these crazy children! And my newborn is now 2.5, so imagine what kind of chaos our home is now! And not only that, but we also got the crazy idea to buy a piece of property with an old home that needed work!
And so here we are...beyond crazy I'd say! We just finished up the Christmas season...in fact I still have Christmas decorations up! (Hey, it's only January 6th!) But it is a blessed life! We love fixing up homes! It's something both Micah and I are passionate about and we're able to do as a family...yes as a family with our 6 year old, our 4.5 year old, and our 2.5 year old! And just because they're cute, here is a picture of said crazy boys!
We completed our first "fixer upper" 3.5 years ago. We were fairly successful in the resale of that home and were blessed with the opportunity to buy this new property, in a beautiful and quiet location!
This is overlooking (photo above) the valley in which our new home is located! This drive down to the home is what sold Micah. Before we even saw the condition of the home Micah told me he was sold on it! I tried to convince him to slow down, but once he makes up his mind there is no going back! And here we are! Proud owners of beautiful property! But let's remember that we purchased this property back in August and didn't actually close until November! And now it's January....that road is appearing pretty treacherous! But thankfully as a rancher's daughter, we have access to tractors that are not being used in the winter! Our next big expense will be a skid steer. Or a snowmobile. But realistically it needs to be a skid steer, I just need to convince Micah of that!
I wish there was a better picture of the outside of the house...I know Micah has one somewhere, just not sure where. If I get a chance to show an outside picture of the home I will!
And the view out the back door! It is breathtaking! This picture does not do the view justice, as we can see the beautiful Uinta's on the horizon! And don't you worry, we were sure to break in the new home with a house-warming bonfire! Micah and my dad were the only ones to stay out for long! The rest of us went into the warm home!
So...why am I adding blogging to this hectic life? Especially at a time like this when I can barely find time to shower without somebody interrupting me?! Because I love to write. And I feel the Lord leading me to share more of our lives with those around us! Plus, I want to document our lives. And so many people are wanting to hear about what's going on in our lives, especially with the new property. So I figured a blog is the best way to get it all out there for the whole world to read and to also keep all our documentation in one place! So...here you are world, read away!!
We completed our first "fixer upper" 3.5 years ago. We were fairly successful in the resale of that home and were blessed with the opportunity to buy this new property, in a beautiful and quiet location!
This is overlooking (photo above) the valley in which our new home is located! This drive down to the home is what sold Micah. Before we even saw the condition of the home Micah told me he was sold on it! I tried to convince him to slow down, but once he makes up his mind there is no going back! And here we are! Proud owners of beautiful property! But let's remember that we purchased this property back in August and didn't actually close until November! And now it's January....that road is appearing pretty treacherous! But thankfully as a rancher's daughter, we have access to tractors that are not being used in the winter! Our next big expense will be a skid steer. Or a snowmobile. But realistically it needs to be a skid steer, I just need to convince Micah of that!
I wish there was a better picture of the outside of the house...I know Micah has one somewhere, just not sure where. If I get a chance to show an outside picture of the home I will!
And the view out the back door! It is breathtaking! This picture does not do the view justice, as we can see the beautiful Uinta's on the horizon! And don't you worry, we were sure to break in the new home with a house-warming bonfire! Micah and my dad were the only ones to stay out for long! The rest of us went into the warm home!
So...why am I adding blogging to this hectic life? Especially at a time like this when I can barely find time to shower without somebody interrupting me?! Because I love to write. And I feel the Lord leading me to share more of our lives with those around us! Plus, I want to document our lives. And so many people are wanting to hear about what's going on in our lives, especially with the new property. So I figured a blog is the best way to get it all out there for the whole world to read and to also keep all our documentation in one place! So...here you are world, read away!!

No comments:
Post a Comment