As I was pondering those thoughts, I realized that as much as I love seeing the transformation of a new home, I even more so love to see the transformation of a new Christ-follower! And of course, it reminded me so much of my own life being transformed into Christ's image now that I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17.
So just as my life is being transformed, it is fun to see this old home be transformed into a new home! I hope you enjoy seeing the process!!
Micah had the idea of opening up the doorway from the kitchen to the living area!
So just as my life is being transformed, it is fun to see this old home be transformed into a new home! I hope you enjoy seeing the process!!
Before ^
And After (Painting the fiber board that was left!)
Micah fixing a giant hole that was in the floor! There was no before picture of that!
It was amazing how much more open it felt with that small change!
My little worker again (Picture below)! His favorite thing to help with is painting! I have to really let my perfectionist side go when I allow him to help like this! But he is somewhat of a perfectionist himself, so he did a great job helping paint!!
If you look at one of the pictures of the kitchen above you'll notice plank flooring! Which was very cool...but not very practical as the plank flooring was literally on the ground with the gaps open to the outside elements! Which this week included -30ish weather!! So we made the decision to cover the kitchen floor with laminate or vinyl flooring to keep the cold draft from coming in! I was very shocked at the difference in temperature from before and after! We found this piece of vinyl sheeting at Home Depot in the remnants! We were pretty excited about this find...and savings! I will tell you more about the savings in a later post!
Micah stepped in the glue multiple times and eventually was down to one sock! He has worked hard as well throughout this whole process!
Timothy has had the hardest time adjusting to our new way of life! But finally the last week or so has warmed up to the reality that we're spending most of our free time at the "new" house! The boys have found fun ways to entertain themselves while the rest of the adults worked! This roll of carpet was one of the main attractions before it was glued down!
For the living room floor we decided to paint it rather than put in any flooring to save on cost! We're glad we were able to save in this area, but it took Pam, me and Troy the better part of a day pulling staples, and we didn't even get them all! We found many while we were painting...and I'm sure we'll discover more as time goes on!
Our first coat of paint was actually remnant paint combined! We also did this to paint our walls! This was my favorite part, as we were blessed to have family and friends give us tons of remnant paints to use for the house, which meant ALL of our paint, aside from the epoxy for the floor, was free!!! How awesome is that? And what was cool was that all the different colors of paints we used for the walls and ceiling actually turned into a very nice color! And even the floor paint was a nice color with all the odd colors that went into it!
But we only did the base coat in this color as we wanted to the epoxy paint to hopefully hold up better than regular paint! The epoxy turned out great! Maybe not the color scheme I would have hoped for...but it is clean and livable now! Hurray!
And just an awesome picture of the beautiful snow out my kitchen window! I'll never get sick of that view!!
There is still work to be done, but we're hoping to be finished in about a week so we can get moved in! I will be posting photos of the finished product when we're done!!

1 comment:
The paint looks great! It looks so much fresher!
Post a Comment